What about Extracts?
Let’s begin with extracts. Cannabis extract is a universal term given to cannabinoids such as THC and CBD to be extracted from the cannabis plants. Extracting cannabinoids make these derivatives more versatile. By extracting one of the hundreds of cannabinoids, producers can create things such as wax concentrate cartridges, pot wax pens, dab oil concentrates, cartridge pen dabs, and much more.
What are Oils?
Cannabis oils are extracts that are pressed and blended with other essential oils to create a consumable cannabinoid experience. Some of these infused essential oils include sunflower seed oil, almond oil, soy-based oils, and other oils that are safe for consumption alone. Moreover, the aforementioned oils have recognized health benefits not tied to cannabis.
Types of Oils
Now you are pondering ‘Well, what kind of cannabis-based oils are there?” There are THC oils, CBD oils, ingestible oils, and vaporizer cartridges. Here is a quick run-down of the types of oils:
- THC Oil is an oil created from the psychoactive cannabis compound Delta-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol. This is the compound responsible for getting consumers high. The versatility of THC oils allows for the creation of products such as dab oil concentrates, wax, and tinctures.
- CBD Oil is an oil that has been crafted from the non-psychoactive cannabis compound Cannabidiol commonly known as CBD. This canna-compound will not get you high but presents a slew of medicinal effects. Recently, CBD has been legalized in virtually all 50 states. CBD oil can be purchased in capsule form as well as in the form of a tincture.
- Ingestible Oils are quite self-explanatory: they are oils crafted from cannabis compounds that can be orally ingested. These types of oils can be consumed via food and drinks. They are often used to create, that’s right, you guessed it: edibles.
- Vaporizer cartridges are pre-filled cartridges. They often appear in the form of cartridge pen dabs, wax concentrate cartridges, pot wax pens, and more. Since these types of cartridges need to be heated properly, they are often paired with a battery and atomizer. This is essentially the ‘vape juice’ of the types of oils.
What are Concentrates?
Cannabis concentrates are cannabis compounds such as THC and CBD that are highly concentrated through delicate (and sometimes dangerous) methods. This included products such as hash, tinctures, shatter, wax, and many other forms of cannabis concentrates.
Types of Concentrates
- Hash is a cannabis concentrate that is pressed to produce the most THC and trichomes possible to create a euphoric psychoactive effect.
- Shatter, also known as wax or dabs, are concentrates with the help of a solvent such as butane to create a beautiful golden byproduct meant to produce strong psychoactive effects.
- Tinctures are infused cannabis concentrates that are fused with an ingestible solution such as alcohol. Tinctures are often applied orally and under the tongue.
Which is the Best?
What may be right for you may not be right for someone else. When considering oils, extracts, and concentrates, there are few things you can consider to help narrow down your selection. Those who are intent on gaining the psychoactive effects of cannabis, THC oil, hash, a pot wax pen, wax concentrate cartridges or dab oil concentrate may be right up their alley. Conversely, if they are not interested in the psychoactive effects of cannabis, then they should consider CBD oil, capsules, tinctures, and other CBD-centric forms of extracts
For more information on identifying different types of cannabis, market insights, promotion ideas, and overall insight on the cannabis industry, be sure to contact us.